Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Sun Tan

An area of sun-darkened skin has arranged itself in an amusing butterfly pattern across my face. Being a Celt (a mongrel blend of many Celts plus God knows what in the background), I used to have a tendency to freckle. Now, I look weatherbeaten and can add this to my list of non-feminine attributes. Stranger to nail-bar and hairdresser alike, I stride through town as an idiot-flaneuse (note the French terminology) scattering glamour in my wake.
I'm rather proud of my wind-whacked complexion, actually.
It glows in the dark and I don't need a torch to get from A to B in the middle of the night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Sleepwalking' is usually a sign of something serious!

Anonymous said...

Whats that song of yours with a 'french version'available!

Anonymous said...

some of the best songs were written at night

AN ENGLISHMAN said...

HELEN THE CELT
I've just seen that film 'Braveheart' starring Mel Gibson now wasn't you lot at war with us!