Saturday, August 09, 2014

Greed Is Good! First Prize To Barnet Council!

After McMum passed away, things were fairly complex because she had lived in Edinburgh. There were things to organise and Offsprogs to transport about the place.
I had arrived back home in my car (which I rarely drive) one day, and been unable to park outside my house, so I parked further down the street instead.
My car was there for a few days because there was never a space in front of my house to move it to.
At some point, a parking suspension notice was tied to a lamp-post there, but I didn't see it because I don't live there and I wasn't walking around a lot because there was so much to organise.
The day before I was due to drive up to the funeral, I went to collect the car to have some work done on it at the garage. I got to my car at two minute past nine to find the warden writing out a parking ticket. He carried on but assured me that he would put in a good word for me because of the circumstances.
In spite of sending a copy of the funeral service with the date on it as part of the appeal, the fine has been instigated anyway. And I don't believe the warden, do you?
Lucky Barnet Parking Services! And how clever, not to post a note through people's doors to tell them that legal parking suddenly becomes illegal at a random time and in a random place!
Ring-a-ding-ding Barnet Council! Ring-a-ding-ding!
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When my Dad died, the funeral was delayed by a day, because the local authority workers were on strike, which meant that it went ahead on the first day of new, vastly increased charges for the crematorium ...... they had gone up so much that the undertaker said "I almost died when I saw the new charges" - we had to laugh .....

ps - the word verification is camiocam (instead of an almost unreadable number) ...... remember when we used to make up definitions for the WV words!

An Accountant said...

You could always move to a 'Tax Free' zone such as Litchenstein!

A PARKING ATTENDANT said...

I'd have 'towed it away' after checking to see whether it was legally allowed to be on the road! (Taxed & Insured)