Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Sixteen

I have now completed sixteen extensive interviews for my next major piece of research, with three or four more in the pipeline. This has been tremendously interesting, and over the next few months I will be writing my part of it- the social, historical and political context that it's all going to relate to.
During the interview process for my Doctorate, the interview part was inspiring, and this has happened again. It helps to talk to real people because there is such a lot of academic literature to get through and the more I talk to real people, the more I'm able to filter out exactly what is and isn't relevant.
I was describing to a student the other day the way I wrote my PHD, rushing to the computer when The Simpson's was on after mulling over content and argument while cooking the spaghetti for my daughters.
This hasn't been quite so fraught but still has had to fit into gaps in family responsibilities, performing life, and of course, being a very busy lecturer.
I have printed out 'the story so far' so I can start editing and clustering issues together: something that I'm really looking forward to.

No comments: