Saturday, August 04, 2012

Removal Man

I am a removal man.
I have done two journeys to and from Leeds this summer, and the same to and from Brighton.
Yesterday was swelteringly humid, but after a humungously stressful day both girls have found places to live.
My car has almost died after being crammed to the roof with various boxes of books, pans and clothing. The seats are torn, the chassis grumbles and the brake discs creak (so do my joints: I am getting too old for regular climbs to the loft balancing boxes on my head).
Sorry to any Brighton friends, mostly when I am there I am troubleshooting (apart from the graduation of course!) so I am not a relaxed visitor stopping by for a cup of tea.
One day....

1 comment:

Wilky of St Albans said...

The phrase "hey! theres no stopping you!" is all well and good until it becomes literally true. Get those brakes checked out before they cause you to get 'checked out'

This has been a Wilky Health and Safety message