Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Sun Shines in Edinburgh

At 9.30 this morning, after a bus journey in completely the wrong direction, I was wandering down Princes Street in the sunshine, in and out of the shops which were mostly advertising huge discounts as their sales came to an end. I managed to find some blue suede shoes! It seemed as though I has spent a massive amount of money when what I had really done was a massive amount of looking. I was just heading back to McMums to mae a hearty stew and feed the cat, when a voice called out my name. It was Mary, a former colleague at the University of th East, B-girl extraordinaire and now living in Canada, over for two weeks to work and also go to a friends wedding. We found a cafe in the Grassmarket and had a good yak. Martins playing in Preston tonight; Jim the fiddle is up from London and I know the gig is going to be tremendous! (sorry about posting errors; there are some very strange words in yesterday's post that aren't what I meant at all but this smart-@rse phone is predicting text and not letting me change it afterwards!). Tomorrows Martin gig is at Cockermouth in Cumbria, and the I will join him again in Sheffield on Saturday, hip hip hooray! Tomorrow, I will be planting pansies in McMums garden- I hope it's another sunny day in Edinburgh...

No comments: