Saturday, April 28, 2012

Thank God For 'The Voice'!

Thank God for 'The Voice', 'Britain's Got Talent', 'My Family', 'Casualty', 'I Love 1972' with David Cassidy, 'New You've Been Framed' and 'Stephen Fry's 100 Greatest Gadgets'!
They are all so abysmally awful that I will get of my harris after being stuck on the sofa marking all day, and do a bit of housework, scrubbing, ironing, polishing and tidying: anything to get away from the fiendish telly and its undelightful delights.
I don't have to read mags about them (I haven't got a clue who the celebs are) or watch telly programmes about the either (ditto), thus saving billions of seconds of time, that precious commodity that slithers though my fingers like dry sand on a holiday beach.
And later, I will sneak over to BBC4 and watch the latest Scandinavian police drama, giving it my full (and deserved) concentration, because everybody knows that you can't multi-task when you're peering at subtitles!

2 comments:

Anne said...

We caught the end of the Stephen Fry programme - I can't tolerate watching him for more than a few minutes, he is so smug and annoying. Recently on Saturday nights we have watched DVDs as the tv is so dire - I managed about 5 minutes of The Voice before I demanded that Malcolm (as keeper of the remote) changed channel!!

Helen McCookerybook said...

Do't blame you one bit- and I share your opinion about Stephen Fry. National Treasure? My Harris!