Monday, December 05, 2011

EDM

I'm reading about the electronic dance music scene in Philadelphia. Interesting, especially as the author describes euphoric and spiritual sensations when listening to the music that are absolutely beyond my comprehension. It's not even a Generation X thing, because she is a fair bit older than the scene herself. One writer's meat is another writer's poison, I believe.
Rave Culture: the alteration and decline of a Philadelphia Music Scene by Tammy L. Anderson (Temple University Press, 2009)

1 comment:

Wilky of St Albans said...

...describes euphoric and spiritual sensations when listening to the music that are absolutely beyond my comprehension...

check out Sufism and Whirling Dervishes. Anything with lots of heavy drumming - the sort of stuff in old movies when they're about to eat the missionaries. Or have I missed a point?