Thursday, October 13, 2011

Photocopying and J-Pop

Thursday and Friday mornings are up-at-six mornings. I got to work early to do some photocopying, and stumped down two flights of stairs to Security because they hadn't opened the door of the photocopying room.
I had given up on the machine in the post-room, which was churning out blank paper.
By the time I got to the third photocopier that was churning out blank paper, I realised that I had the originals the wrong way up.
DUHHHHHHHH!
What a prat I am. Three quarters of an hour wasted by my own stupidity.
Later, I watched the student's faces as they watched a J-pop video. 
How I wish I had filmed them!
Watch it, and see if you can catch sight of your face in the mirror.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I got a parking ticket on Sunday because I put my ticket the wrong way up. I have appealed but I don't hold out much hope!

Wilky of St Albans said...

One has to ask why you showed them that.

It reminds me too much of that OMG moment when 'Mini-pops' (remember that?) had a group of pre-pubescent girls dressed up as, well, hookers miming to Madonnas 'Like a Virgin'. It regularly appears on 'what were they thinking' type clips shows, and truly was a nadir of television broadcasting. Probably available on youtube

Wilky of St Albans said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh7NxD9fTGM&feature=related


you'll have to settle for some Sheena Easton

Wilky of St Albans said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdO5N2x2KKQ&feature=related

plus they were doing exactly that sort of thing about 80 years ago.

I'll shut up now :)

Helen McCookerybook said...

Oh poor Sarah! I hope your appeal works out OK.
I have been fined £250 this year after having my car towed away. My next vehicle will be a horse and cart, with the horse trained to bare its teeth and snarl at traffic wardens!
Wilky- thanks for the tip. I have been watching wall-to-wall minipops ever since