Tuesday, March 29, 2011

On This Night

On this night exactly twenty-one years ago, I was stuffing my face with chocolate, as the next day I was due to have my first baby induced at Guy's Hospital, London Bridge.
I was frightened, because I had never had a baby before, and imagined a horror-film scenario with rolling trolleys down endless corridors, screaming (me), panic and blood.
It was actually the exact opposite, and my beautiful Offsprog One was born at about seven the following evening; she is still beautiful, and it's her twenty-first birthday tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Offsprog!! Stuart was very sensible and arrived almost 3 weeks early, before I had even started thinking about the birth!

Helen McCookerybook said...

That's lucky! Offsprog One was a week late, and so was Offsprog Two. I passed my driving test on the day I was officially due to have her! x