Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sweet and Sour

The sweet is that the new CD will be delivered to me next week. It's out on Martin's Barbaraville Label, which is managed by Voiceprint www.voiceprint.co.uk and it's called Take One. It is very simple and very raw- the tracks were recorded as first takes (hence the title) and have no overdubs etc etc. So there are mistakes, and it's recorded in my morning voice (lots of singers don't sing till the evening) but I am still mighty proud; sometimes I feel that I hide underneath arrangements and overdubs.
It's the same as going to a party sans make-up!
It features a few songs I wrote for the Ramble-My-Rose Song Circle (Katy Carr, Nadya Ostroff and Rowen Bridler) and so it has a special place in my heart.
The sour? I am still really sick, and I can't go to see one of my most favourite singers in the Universe, Janet Kay, who is singing literally just down the road! But I have a tough teaching day tomorrow at the University of the East and I will have to get there at 8 a.m. to prepare. I went there yesterday to try to do stuff but I ended up coming home and leaving my keys behind to boot, and Offsprog 2 had to come out of school to lend me hers so I could get into the house. Meep.
Cover Design by the ever-brilliant Emerald Moseley, see www.goldtop.org for more of her work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cover! Take care of yourself and get well soon!