Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Car-and-a-Half, and a Backwards Heron

I drove to Leeds and back today to pick up Offsprog One's stuff.
On the way, I passed a car-and-a-half. Someone had got a Hillman Imp and painted it grey and green, and was towing the back part of another Hillman Imp, painted the same, as a trailer, with a flat bit of metal or fibreglass blocking off the gap where the front bit wasn't.
Extraordinary! Everyone was slowing down to take a look,
Stylish, too.
Later, I was sure I saw heron flying backwards. Of course it wasn't but once you see one strange thing you start expecting loads of them like number 42 buses all coming along at once, doncha?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Half car trailers are popular amongst the Mini (old type) fraternity.

Even weirder, and I've only seen it once, is the grafting of a citroen 2CV onto the top of an old VW camper van.

Heck, I'm so rock'n'roll!

You realise you probably drove right past my front door if you came back from Leeds down the ex-M10

wilky of St Albans