Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Surreal Nights

The last couple of nights have been nights from another planet.
On Sunday, a flowery-shorted thug threw next door's massive plant-pot full of pansies into my car's back window, stoving it in and leaving it there like a decorative industrial feature from a down-to-earth Chelsea Flower Show exhibit.
The police helped me tape the hole up and a kind neighbour appeared with a description of flowery-shorts.
I will be ready with my camera next time, big boy.

Then last night, I heard rustling downstairs, and went down to find one of my cats ripping hungrily through the carrier bag I'd put all my car stuff in to get at my Marks and Spencer's Red and Blacks. I was amazed that the cat liked sweets as well as melon and cauliflower cheese, until I looked at the ingredients. 'Beef gelatine and apple sauce'. No mention of raspberry and blackcurrant, the flavours I had assumed were there. No wonder he wanted to scoff them!
Don't think I'll be buying them again.

Did you read about the Milky Way containing a raspberry-flavoured chemical?
I expected it to be flavoured with white chocolate, somehow.

No comments: