Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Yay Yay! It's Music Day!

At last! I have been bombing from one University to the other, East to West, West to East, getting the students writing songs, lecturing, sitting drawing fishbirds and pigbabies when I should be paying attention at meetings; and now at last I have at least half a day to myself, which is brilliant because on Friday I'm going up to record some rockabilly tracks with a genuine rockabilly band in Newcastle. I've been writing another bit for Rock'n'Romance and I hope to make a proper recording of the Rockin' Girl song as well with a guitar solo instead of a vacancy. I have two unfinished songs which I might try to finish on the train up to Newcastle, which is where I'm headin'.
I have a gig at Viva Viva in Hornsey tomorrow too and I'll have a chance to run through the songs before then.
This is what it's all about, music, when everything else to do with earning a living jostles and shouts for attention.
And Joby, if you are reading this, I am playing at a pub in Sussex in February that has motorised Jobyvehicle access. I hope you can come- could you get a lift there from yours?

No comments: