Friday, June 13, 2008

City Living

Have I told you this before? Here it comes again.
Me and Bruv were travelling on the bus from Camberwell to Lewisham, on our way to meet Little Bruv in Greenwich for his birthday drink.
There was a commotion as we stopped at Deptford; the driver and a teenage girl were having an argument. She had been part of a group of girls that the driver had thrown off the bus for arguing, but she was refusing to get off. 'Those girls at the bus stop have got a knife and they're going to stab me' she shouted. 'I don't care,' shouted the driver back,'Get off my bus!'.
During this, the other passengers on the bus had started rustling and murmuring uncomfortably.
There was a man in a mac sitting not far from the driver.
"Don't worry everybody!', he declared, a note of authority in his voice,'I am in the Territorial Army and I have a gun in my pocket'.

'Shall we get off and walk?', asked Bruv.
So we did.

No comments: