Thursday, January 03, 2008

Scotland here I come!!!

I'd marked 14 thousand-word essays before my hands told me that they were not made for marking, but for playing guitar. They had been very patient, they said, but enough was enough, and essaytime was up.

Now- can anyone recommend a free venue for the benefit gig for the Feminist Library on the 26th of January? Drunk Granny from Cardiff will be playing, and also the great Me (see how my confidence has improved over the Christmas period!!) and lots of other bands, and it is for a very good cause.

I'm going to Scotland tomorrow to visit McMum and McDad with McSis. We are all very excited because we haven't seen each other for a while. Watch out Edinburgh the Mccookerybooks are coming with their loud laughs like horses and their red lipstick shining through the January fog like cheerful beacons! Ha ha!

All the better to be leaving the other fourteen essays behind in London, festering with their typefaces and words and carbon paper.
Duty be damned!
Scotland here I come!!

No comments: