Monday, August 27, 2007

Fallendowntree

Just come back from the Fallendowntree on Hadley Common where I had some photos done. I hope they have come out well; I wasn't in a smiley mood due to lack of sleep, but maybe grumpiness will be in this season.
I wrote to Leonie Cooper to thank her for the Guardian article and the tip about the Duke of Uke, and I told her about Gina getting me a mini-uke and the only song I've started writing on it sounds like a punk song. She said I should record it and put it on my Mspace, so I've started to finish it.
Ramble, ramble, if I keep on writing I won't have to clean out the fish tank. All that is left in there are three neon tetras and a fat orange fish that hides and only comes out at night when the lights are off. Bit of a cheek really, could have a hamster that does that and it would be cuddly to boot.
My cousin's gerbils got so bored thy ate their own feet.
Sometimes I am tempted to do the same thing, but recently I've begun to value my feet much more.

Ramble, ramble, I wondered whether to become a politician after I mobilised our neighbours in Camberwell because we all had rats coming up in our toilets. the local councillor didn't turn up when we all went round to his surgery and I wrote him a very cross letter. He then came round to each person's house individually, and said I should think about becoming a local councillor. I did think about it for a nanosecond, eventually ending up working at the Labour Party HQ in Walworth Road for a year. All sorts of people who seem like a pain in public are actually nice- I was too impatient to use the lift and often used to bump into Jack Straw springing up the stairs.
Once or twice I took visiting politicians from emerging democracies to the Houses of Parliament, which they found hilarious, particularly Black Rod and the House of Lords. I took some to the leadership election where Tony Blair got elected, and they told me he was going to be the next Prime Minister. They could see that. I saw the press photographers trying to goad him into raising a clenched fist as Neil Kinnock had done at (was it?) Live Aid, which all the papers printed as some sort of sign that he was a communist. I saw that Cherie Blair was very pretty. I have never seen a photo printed ever where she looks nice.
Ramble, ramble.
Ah, brambles!
I think I'll go blackberry picking!

No comments: