Friday, June 29, 2007

Travelling

Just about to get on the train to McScotland to visit McMum and McDad.
I've charged up the iPod, copied them a disc of my latest songs, packed a selection of earrings and enough socks; just got to grab the remains of last night's salad to eat and a cruddy ladies' magazine from WHSmiths and I'll be off.
On Sunday I'm doing a paper about the Falklands and Thatcher and music in the early 80s at the Feminism and Popular Culture Conference in Newcastle upon Tyne. The computer's playing up and I can't print it out any larger than 10 pt which menas I won't be able to read it even with spectacles on. Oh dear. Plus as soon as I do anything academic, panic dyslexia kicks in and I start mis-spelling, mis-reading and turn back into what I was originally- a shop assistant.
Maybe I should have a back-up plan to sit behing a till at Fenwicks for the afternoon instead of attending the conference.
Photos- they are trickling in from Sunday, and I still haven't put the link to Paul Chong's from Birkenhead.
Someday, somewhere, sometime.

No comments: