Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Guitar and Vocals

Today I'm going to Dubulah's gaff to put some guitar tracks on to the Screaming song. Dubulah plays bass with Temple of Sound and we did a mad electro-rockabilly-hip-hop track together that not only got played on the Folk programme on Radio London but also got played in a Spanish nightclub. Now it's a delicacy in Japan (Leavin' You, Baby- it's on the Helen and the Horns CD). He's a brilliant guitarist and a mad person so it will be fun, fun, fun. He has lots of guitars to make a guitarist like myself green with envy, but that's OK, I can pretend it's a special sort of a sun tan.
I now have all the results from the Euroaural listeners and will collate them later today to see what the CD is going to be like- very exciting, a moment to savour!!
I'm going to put Screaming on it as an extra track. I think Gina Birch will play bass on it- I hope- I've played it to her- she's so good!I have had my singing lesson with marvellous Jamie- what an intense hour that was, but I understand a lot more now about throats!! I am practicing every other day- which means today. I make funny noises, but I think that's probably a good thing. My voice needs a bit of a shake-up, and so does my head. Me and Joan (she's an animator, and therefore quiet) plan to go to the top of a hill and shout. Beachy Head might be good- I wonder if they could hear us in France?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will let you know if I can hear you in France. Beachy Head is not that far.