Saturday, October 22, 2005

3 Cheers for the Barnet Chewing Gum Painter


Barnet is pretty boring, unless you like climbing trees (I do) although it does have a shop that sells antiques and hoovers (a bit like clothes and onions). But we do have the man who paints on blobs of discarded chewing gum on the pavement. I thought he had fainted when I first saw him painting and went to assist. Then I realised what he was doing. Everybody talks to him now- I think he's a sort of village psychotherapist as well as being a painter. I took this photo outside a horrible burger shop (I think). Someone with a digital camera should come and document these properly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

3 million cheers, say i! these are great - i'd love to see loads more. urban art, eh? maybe this will get me up to barnet at last, helen......

we could start a gum-painting movement. oh, the possibilities.

(apparently i can use html tags -if i knew what that meant, i might!)

kim xx